[BioC] need to clarify RangedData documentation?

Michael Dondrup Michael.Dondrup at uni.no
Wed Nov 3 16:50:21 CET 2010

Hi Steve,

yes  values() was what I was looking for, thank you, I am getting confused about the IRanges objects ever now and then.
As for elementMetadata(), maybe it was changed for the latest bioc release but it doesn't do the same thing:

>rd = RangedData(ranges=IRanges(start=1:2, width=1), space=1)
> values(rd) = DataFrame(somedata=1:2)
> rd
RangedData with 2 rows and 1 value column across 1 space
        space    ranges |  somedata
  <character> <IRanges> | <integer>
1           1    [1, 1] |         1
2           1    [2, 2] |         2
> elementMetadata(rd) = DataFrame(somedata=1:2)
Error in .local(x, ..., value) :
  the number of rows in elementMetadata 'value' (if non-NULL) must match the length of 'x'

Now I even more think the documentation needs some clarifications. I would like to help, if I understood what
was really going on.

Cheers
Michael