[BioC] GEOquery, GSE, and MAList

James F. Reid james.reid at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Wed May 19 14:43:01 CEST 2010

Hi Timothy,

you can run limma for differential expression analysis on your object
'gse' which is a list of ExpressionSets, which contains one single
element because the dataset is not too large. This contains normalized
log2 ratios after pre-processing done by the authors.
If you want to do quality control and/or apply your own pre-processing
you can because the authors of this particular GSE have also provided
the raw data (scanner output txt files). To download these files you can
use the GEOquery function getGEOSuppFiles. After the download has
completed you will need to import the data using functions provided in
limma, see Section 4 in the limmaUsersGuide().

HTH,
James.