[BioC] Query regarding Bioconductor

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:30:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:16 AM, varpal singh <gilvarpal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Madam/Sir,,
>
>  I have just two CEL files one from wild and other from treated. I want to
> ask I have to need for considering design and contrast matrix in
> bioconductor for identifing differential gene expression data ?

Hi, Varpall.  Unfortunately, you cannot perform a statistical test
between two arrays.  You could make a ratio between the two and rank
genes by that, but there is no rational cutoff or estimate of
statistical significance that can be gleaned from this process.  If
you or your collaborator wants to know an answer, the best bet is to
perform some biological replicates.

Sean