[BioC] Affy PA calls

Loren Engrav engrav at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 30 02:28:16 CEST 2010

Sorry if was too terse

I have Affy chips from shallow and deep wounds in 3 Duroc and 3 Yorkshire
pigs. And I have the p-values from maanova and q-values from Storey q-values
which returned 171 probes of interest.

I would also like the 3 Durocs and the 3 Yorkshire bio reps to be the
"same".

So the general question is how to define "same"?

The specific question is can the Affy PA calls be used to define same?  If
one pig is PA meaning shallow is Present and deep is Absent, can I say the
other two pigs should also be PA?  Or is the PA call too suspect to be used
in this way?

Thank you