[BioC] Heatmaps for one sample?

Sarah Bonnin sbonnin at crg.es
Wed Jul 28 11:04:01 CEST 2010

Dear list,

I have a short question: I'm performing heatmaps on lists of genes selected as being differentially expressed on a set of 4 technical replicates (from an Agilent gene expression 2 colors experiment).

As technical replicates are behaving very similarly, I am taking the median values of the replicates log2ratios, and basically trying to get a heatmaps that would display only one column, being the median value, and the genes on lines.

I'm using heatmap.2 which doesn't draw heatmaps for data containing less than 2 columns and 2 rows, so I was wondering if there was a function which does this?

I know that it doesn't make so much sense, especially not using biological replicates, but it has a more "visual" goal!

Thank you in advance!

Sarah