[BioC] Error in Heatmap: Could not find function "heatmap.2"

Samantha England sje28 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 27 10:56:37 CEST 2010

To the Bioconductor Community

Dear All,

Firstly I would like to thank you all for the excellent advice that you have given me as I process my single-colour Agilent data using the R package "Agi4x44PreProcess".

I am trying to build the expression set, and would like to plot a heatmap showing the 100 greater variance genes.  The first time I ran the function:

esetPROC = build.eset(ddPROC, targets, makePLOT = TRUE, annotation.package = "notAnnPack"), R returned:

Error in HeatMap(exprs(esetPROC), size, maintitle) :
  could not find function "maPalette"

I googled and found that maPalette is a feature of marray, and so I installed the most recent version of marray.  Now when I run the same command (having also loaded the library "marray"), I get the error:

Error in HeatMap(exprs(esetPROC), size, maintitle) :
  could not find function "heatmap.2"

I have tried searching for advice on this but can only find help on how to alter the output of the heatmap, rather than the commands.  Have I confused the software by loading the "marray" package?  Should I have installed additional packages to plot the heatmap, or is this a general bug?  FYI, my version of R is R 2.10.1

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

With Very Best Wishes

Samantha (Sam) England

Department of Physiology, Development & Neuroscience
Anatomy Building
Downing Street
Cambridge, CB2 3DY
UK