[BioC] Analysing DNA methylation microarrays in Bioconductor

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 21:16:35 CEST 2010

Interesting. I'm not sure it'd make sense to use expression values
(log ratios I assume) because while there might be a statistically
significant difference between the expression levels in each of the
phenotypes, that doesn't necessarily imply that the reporters are
methylated in one phenotype and unmethylated in the other if you see
what I mean?

I'm assuming in the second case you are refering to a p-value for to
the probability of methylation of each reporter. Maybe this makes more
sense, but I think you still need one phenotype to have high
probabilty of methylation and the other phenotype to have high
probability of unmethylation, along with a statistically significant
difference in the p-values between the phenotypes?

Paul.