[BioC] Help reg Genome view

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Jul 7 15:18:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

First off, please don't take conversations off-list. The archives are
intended to be a resource for people to search, and if the conversation
becomes private that function ceases to exist.

On 7/7/2010 3:15 AM, mahalakshmi sivamani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I visualized the chromosome and genes of the hgu133a array with
> geneplotter package using the following commands,
>
> *library(annotate)
> library(geneplotter)
> library(hgu133a)
> newChrom <- buildChromLocation("hgu133a")
> cPlot(newChrom)

Well you obviously have read the vignette, but evidently didn't
understand that there is just one step remaining. So here is an example:

library(geneplotter)
library(hgu133a.db)

## note that if you still have a package called hgu133a, then you
seriously need to update your R and BioC to the release versions.

newChrom <- buildChromLocation("hgu133a")
cPlot(newChrom, c(1:22, "X","Y"))

## Unless you like the extra clutter, I prefer to subset to non-random
chromosomes

## now fake up some genes - you of course would use the 100 that you are
interested in

gns <- sample(Lkeys(hgu133aSYMBOL), 100)
cColor(gns, "red", newChrom)

And that, I believe is what you wanted.

Best,

Jim