[BioC] superimpose lowess on smoothScatter

Anderson, S. Keith Anderson.S at mayo.edu
Mon Aug 30 17:13:42 CEST 2010

Hi Andrew,

Another option is to use the package "hexbin"
----------
library(hexbin)

## a vector of your M-values
m.ii

## a vector of your A-values
a.ii

temp.plot <- list(M=m.ii,A=a.ii)
hb <- plotMAhex(temp.plot,newpage=TRUE,main="Main Title Goes
Here",legend=0)
hexVP.abline(hb$plot.vp, h=0, col="black")
hexMA.loess(hb,span=.75)

# if a Median Line is desired
hexVP.abline(hb$plot.vp,v=median(means.log2), col="blue")
---------

Have a great day,

S. Keith Anderson, M.S.
Statistician/Assistant Supervisor
Cancer Center Statistics
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics
Phone: 507-266-9059
Fax: 507-266-2477
E-mail: anderson.s at mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic