[BioC] Array express looking in wrong place for file...

Audrey Kauffmann audrey at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 28 10:56:50 CET 2009

Hi Paul,

I apologize for the delay in replying.

The ArrayExpress database has been completely regenerated two weeks ago
and some changes (like the naming of the zip files) needed some time to
get synchronized with the Bioconductor package (especially because I was
away at the same moment).
The problem of the file names is solved in ArrayExpress version 1.5.11
and future versions.

If you update the package (using the development version or use the new
release when it is available), it should work fine.

Please note that for this particular dataset, you will need first to
download the data using getAE() function and then set the column names
in the function magetab2bioc() as the scanner column names are
apparently not part of the known quantitation types from ArrayExpress:

library("ArrayExpress")
EUCON1 = getAE("E-UCON-1")
mRnaData = magetab2bioc(EUCON1, rawcol = list(R="Feature Extraction
Software:rMeanSignal", G="Feature Extraction Software:gMeanSignal",
Rb="Feature Extraction Software:rBGMeanSignal", Gb="Feature Extraction
Software:gBGMeanSignal" ))

Sorry again for the problem and the delay replying,
Audrey

--
Audrey Kauffmann
EMBL - EBI