[BioC] affy: expresso in separated steps

Leonardo K. Shikida shikida at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:09:32 CEST 2009

Hi James

thanks for the fast answer

I am afraid I can't do that. The idea here is to reuse some other
normalization methods (not implemented in R), so I'd have to, somehow,
save these intermediary results, perform another normalization method,
then restore this normalized data to perform summarization, etc

The problem, as you've pointed out, is that affy abstracts the
internal data structure to make my life easier. My work will probably
need to deal with this internal structure somehow.

Maybe I could just save the object, export PM and MM data as CSV,
perform the normalization, then restore the object using the load
command and overwrite its PM and MM data with the normalized CSV
files...

Sounds like an horrible way to deal with this situation :-) so I am
open to better ideas...

[]

Kenji