[BioC] Affymetrix Mouse Promoter array / pdInfoBuilder

zacher at lmb.uni-muenchen.de zacher at lmb.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Oct 12 19:16:21 CEST 2009

Dear Hans-Ulrich,

The package affxparser contains functions to read and write bpmap files. The function readBpmap returns a list which also contains the probe sequences.
A remapping can e.g. be done with MUMmer or the bioconductor package
Biostrings. Here is a short workflow, that you could do with Biostrings.

Ringo and Starr are packages for the analysis of ChIP-chip experiments.
Starr provides functions for Affymetrix, Ringo for Nimblegen and Agilent but
they use the same data structures.
First you must convert the bpmap file with Starr to a pos file, which is
Nimblegen file format. The package Ringo contains R and perl scripts for
mapping the sequences with Biostrings (or other programs like MUMmer).
You can find them in the /inst/scripts folder.
The remapping is saved as a pos file. Then use posToProbeAnno to generate
a probeAnno object (Ringo). After that, use Starr to read the cel files to an
ExpressionSet and start your analysis.
Best regards

Benedikt