[BioC] How to decide which distance metric to use for micoarray data clustering?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 05:52:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am looking for the most appropriate distance metrics for the
clustering of a set of microarray data. And I read Chapter 12 of
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions Using R and
Bioconductor, But I'm still not clear what the general guide line is
to choose an appropriate distance metrics out of many ones list in
that chapter. Could somebody let me know how to choose an appropriate
distance metrics?

Regards,
Peng