[BioC] Oligo package

Benilton Carvalho bcarvalh at jhsph.edu
Mon Oct 5 16:30:42 CEST 2009

For the record, as I just replied this very same message sent privately:

--

Dear Thibault,

below some notes that back-reference our previous communications:

1) This array is 1050 x 1050, therefore 1,102,500 features. The ~700K
distinct probes you refer to are properly annotated in the pd.hugene.
1.0.st.v1 (2.4.1 and 3.0.0) packages;

2) Summarization to the gene-level is possible using the devel-version
of the packages;

3) The summaries you're getting are at the probeset-level, as defined
by the PGF file;

--

I failed to mention that, on the chip, there are "things" other then
the experimental probes most of the people are interested in.

So, Thibault, from what you report, I understand you really want to
use the packages that are, right now, on the devel-branch (oligo and
friends, plus annotation package)... or just wait for the release,
which is coming up soon. By the way, when working on the code
currently available under devel, I checked the results against those
provided by the Affymetrix tool, and they were very consistent; so
please let me know if you find something that does not agree with
their tool (assuming the use of RMA) and I'll address that promptly.