[BioC] how to get gene list after hyperGTest

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Dec 21 15:17:00 CET 2009

Yue, Chen - BMD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if someone can help me with the result extraction after
> hyperGTest in GOstats package. After I obtained the hyperGTest
> result, I also want to know what category each input gene associates
> with, for example a KEGG pathway. What function should I use? Or
> should I use another package?

It's not clear what you want here. As Elmar Bucher shows in another
email, you can use the KEGG.db package directly to get the information
you want.

However, this question is reminiscent of a question I have had in the
past. Namely, which genes (reporters) are associated with a given
GO/KEGG pathway that was found significant in a Fisher's exact test.

To answer this question, you want the probeSetSummary() function in the
GOstats package.

Best,

Jim

> Thanks!
>
> Chen, Yue
>

> This email is intended only for the use of the
> individua...{{dropped:12}}

> archives:

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician