[BioC] Fixing brainarray repository link for mac os x

Yair Benita yair.benita at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:13:19 CET 2009

Hi All,
I am a fan of the brainarray customCDF and now routinely normalize my Affy
files with these CDFs. I find the annotation much more reliable than Affy's.
I typically use GCRMA after reading the CEL files.
On the mac I install these customCDFs manually from source. GCRMA has the
ability to fetch the CDFs when it cannot find them. However, it gives the
same error that the brainarray repository cannot be found. I wonder if we
can fix it somehow. I can't find the location where gcrma stores this link.
Ideally I would like it to go to the correct link (
http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/) and install the customCDFs from
source. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Yair