[BioC] flow cytometry data

Nolwenn Le Meur nlemeur at irisa.fr
Thu Dec 3 10:44:25 CET 2009

Hi David,

I am not such I see what are the data you are manipulating. What is the
experimental design and biological question(s)? What represent the fold
change you want to compute? What are the rows and columns in your log10
data matrix?

For data analysis of cell-based assay, you might also want to have a
look at the cellHTS2 package.

Best,
Nolwenn

David martin wrote:
> Hi,
> I've recently got some data from the lab coming from flow cytometry.
> I have the log10 values corresponding to the geometrical mean (not the
> flow cytometry files).
>
> Basically i would like to start from that matrix and compute the fold
> changes. I'm not sure which test is most suitable as not sure which
> sitribution the data follows , gaussian ??? could anybody suggest how
> to move on from the log10 data matrix ? Any paper or tutorial .
> I have already looked at the flow packages within R but most of them
> deal with gating and scaling the raw data, but not how to compute fold
> changes
>
> thanks for any help,
> david

> Search the archives:

Nolwenn Le Meur, PhD
IRSET - Institut de Recherche en Sante-Environnement-Travail.
INSERM/IRISA - Equipes INTEREST/Symbiose

Universite de Rennes I
Campus de Beaulieu
35042 Rennes cedex - France
Phone: +33 2 99 84 71 17