[BioC] book: Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions ...

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 30 19:52:53 CEST 2008

Hi Ian,

   We will need to fix that, and I suspect that it and other changes in
packages since that book was written will make some of the code less
useful.  We are now planning a new edition, but probably that is year or
so off.

   In the meantime, please feel free to ask direct questions, and I will
see how much of the book we can renovate to use the more recent
approaches.  However, there are two other options you might consider:

   from an applications point of view, the Bioconductor Case Studies
book, is more up to date and provides a reasonable coverage

  some details are here:

  and from a programming perspective:

  provides a deeper look at the tools that underly most of the software

   best wishes