[BioC] Finding Annotation of CEL file formats

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Sep 19 17:55:04 CEST 2008

Hi Gundala,

Gundala Viswanath wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Given any CEL file, such as these:
>
> http://bioinf.boku.ac.at/pub/Chaix2008/CEL/supplCELdata.zip
>
> With BioConductor Is there a way we can find:
>
> 1. Which organism they come from?

The only information you can glean from the celfile will be particular
to the celfile itself. So you can determine that they are hgu133plus2
chips, but I don't think you can determine the organism.

Of course you could just download the target description file and use that:

http://bioinf.boku.ac.at/pub/Chaix2008/target_info.txt

> 2. Which organism's tissue they come from?

Again, probably not.

> 3. What are the probe names/gene name involved?

The easiest way would be to use the hgu133plus2.db package.

Best,

Jim