[BioC] Question about using Biostrings & BSgenome

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 14:11:42 CEST 2008

I haven't yet used either of these packages, but it looks like
something I may want to look at.

I was wondering if I can use these packages together with something
like 'BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg18' to extract sequences around every
TSS, for instance.
I have a couple of different oligo array designs, both in human and
mouse, and I would like to subset probes according to a number of
criteria, such as "promoter", "intergenic", etc...
I'm not yet familiar with these packages but I suspect they will
provide all teh tools I need to extract and "play" with genomic
sequences.

Am I right?

Anybody has some examples to help me get a better overview, beyond
those in the vignettes?

Thanks.

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6513374

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.