[BioC] zebrafish annotation

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 16 20:09:36 CEST 2008

Hi Sam,

We aren't going to leave you behind.

In fact, zebrafish support has already been added to the devel branch of
bioconductor and will be pushed to the upcoming release branch very
soon.  Additionally, I am probably a day away from pushing a second
version of zebrafish support online into the devel branch and this
second push will contain support for ZFIN IDs and so I strongly
recommend that you wait for that.  The package formerly called
"zebrafish" is also going to become zebrafish.db with this next push
which should help modernize things for you if you are using that
platform.  In any case if you still need to make chip packages for
zebrafish all you should have to do is use the appropriate SQLForge
functions in AnnotationDbi.  You can find a vignette on the subject here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.3/bioc/html/AnnotationDbi.html

  Marc