[BioC] GEOQuery - from a LOCAL SOFT file to an ExprSet object

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 14:33:12 CEST 2008

Dear All

Having read the GEOQuery documentation, there are commands which fetch
SERIES files from the web and convert to ExprSet, and there are commands
that take a GDS and convert to ExprSet - however, for some reason, my R
connection to NCBI works only in about 20% of cases - connections to all
other websites are fine - and I simply want to get the file myself (SOFT
or SERIES, I don't mind), store it locally and open it in getGEO and
convert to an ExprSet object.

Is that possible?

Mick

Head of Informatics
Institute for Animal Health
Compton
Berks
RG20 7NN
01635 578411

http://www.iah.ac.uk/research/bioinformatics/bioinf.shtml

The information contained in this message may be confide...{{dropped:14}}