[BioC] Illumina BeadChips and beadarray

Ina Hoeschele inah at vbi.vt.edu
Wed Sep 3 21:39:44 CEST 2008

Hi Matt and others,
   besides the expression chip, Illumina also has a bead chip for genome-wide methylation profiling (covering over 27000 CpG islands, mostly in promoter regions of ~13,000 well annotated human genes; same 12 arrays and 6 samples per chip). As opposed to the expression chip, this is a two-color system to interrogate both methylated and unmethylated status, and BeadStudio then computes an intensity ratio of each pair of probes. Next week I will get data from these methylation chips and it seems to me that I should also be able to process them using beadarray, do you agree? Has anyone out there done this already?
Thanks, Ina