[BioC] Help in BioMart

steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jul 21 18:02:16 CEST 2008

Dear David,

The ensembl helpdesk at helpdesk at ensembl.org is probably the best place
to answer your question.  There are genes that have overlapping exons,
sometimes these are on the same strand, sometimes they are on opposite
strands so it is possible for a SNP to fall in two genes.  The genes you
mention seem to be very close to each other and thus possible share some
common genomic sequence. You could investigate this starting here:

http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/geneview?gene=ENSG00000078808

Hope this helps.

Steffen