[BioC] Create affyBatch from mouse exon array data using ReadAffy or extractAffyBatch() from aroma.affymetrix

Mark Robinson mrobinson at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Jul 17 09:48:29 CEST 2008

Hi An.

> With respect to xps, your reference to script4xps.R is really
> helpful.  Do you have a URL from where the files "MoEx-1_0-st-
> v1.r2.clf", "MoEx-1_0-st-v1.r2.pgf", "MoEx-1_0-st-
> v1.na25.mm9.probeset.csv", "MoEx-1_0-st-v1.na25.mm9.transcript.csv"
> can be downloaded?  I searched on the Affy site but did not find it,
> sorry.

To answer this part of your question, you can get the probeset.csv
file from:
http://www.affymetrix.com/analysis/downloads/current_exon/

The PGF/CLF can be found at:
http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/libraryfilesmain.affx

Look for "Mouse Exon 1.0 ST Array Analysis (zip, 114 MB)", which after
logging in, will get you:
MoEx-1_0-st-v1.r2.zip

There are plans to make a couple versions of Mouse CDFs for use with
FIRMA within aroma.affymetrix.  I'm not sure when that will actually
be, but hopefully "soon".

> Does xps work with AffyBatches?  If not, is it possible to create an
> AffyBatch with the raw data?

xps, from my limited experience with, does not deal directly with
AffyBatch objects, but maybe you can export one.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Robinson
Epigenetics Laboratory, Garvan