[BioC] Glycov3hscdf package

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Jul 16 17:46:55 CEST 2008

Hi Harmeet,

You need to build and install a cdfenv. To do so, you will need the
makecdfenv package, specifically the function makecdfpackage(), and you
will also need to get set up to install packages on windows.

To do so, please see the R Installation and Administration manual,
specifically the part about getting set up to build R. Really the only
part you will need is to get the Rtools installer and run that. Remember
to allow the installer to modify your path.

After installing the Rtools installer and building the package you can
then do R CMD INSTALL <thepackagename> at a command prompt. Note that
you will need to do this from within R_HOME/bin unless you put that in
your path as well. In addition, this won't like paths with spaces, so if
you have the package somewhere that has spaces, you will need to use
windows short names like /docume~1/ for Documents and Settings, etc.

Best,

Jim