[BioC] arrayQualityMetrics

audrey at ebi.ac.uk audrey at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 11:04:02 CEST 2008

Hi Steve,

If we consider an NChannelSet named obj and the pData of obj look like this:

      Treatment  Cy3   Cy5   Replicate
Array1         U   WT   Ref           1
Array2         S   WT   Ref           2
Array3         U   MU   Ref           1
Array4         S   MU   Ref           2
Array5         S   MU   Ref           1

If in your quality report you are interested in seeing the heatmap with a
side colour bar representing the treatment, the right way to call the
function is:
arrayQualityMetrics(obj, intgroup = "Treatment")

If you want to see the heatmap with the colour bar representing the
replicates, you need to use:
arrayQualityMetrics(obj, intgroup = "Replicate")

The default column name of the phenoData that would be used for the colour
side bar is "Covariate", but you can use any column name of your
phenoData.

I do not know what is in your p object but you can use any of the column
name of p that makes sense for you to be represented next to the heatmap.
This is completely optionnal and you can perfectly run the
arrayQualityMetrics function without setting an group of interest.

I hope that helps,
Audrey