[BioC] Blobs

Mon Jul 14 16:42:33 CEST 2008

Hi Mark,

On Jul 13, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Mark Cowley wrote:

> There's also MblobR.
> reference:
> Song, J. S.; Maghsoudi, K.; Li, W.; Fox, E.; Quackenbush, J. & Liu,
> X. S.
> Microarray blob-defect removal improves array analysis.
> Bioinformatics, 2007, 23, 966-971

I just downloaded this to check it out ... have you been using it all?
After downloading all the dependency jars[1], I realized that it only
opens CEL files saved as version 4 (the binary one), while the files I
have are version 3[2].

Do you (or anybody else) know if there is an easy way to convert
between versions of CEL files?

Thanks,
-steve

[1] For anybody else who's trying to run this, you'll need to have in
your classpath:
   * junit.jar: http://junit.org/
   * swing-layout.jar: https://swing-layout.dev.java.net/

[2] Affy cel version info: http://www.stat.lsa.umich.edu/~kshedden/Courses/Stat545/Notes/AffxFileFormats/cel.html

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos