[BioC] Retrieving sequences from NCBI

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jul 11 19:24:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 1:08 PM, J. Miguel Marin
<jmmarin at est-econ.uc3m.es> wrote:

> Thank you very much Sean,
>
> I have found also the command "getSEQ" from the library "annotate" from
> BioConductor.

Yep.  That will work.  Just keep in mind that you need to respect the
NCBI access limits (only during certain hours, and with a sleep() of
some seconds between calls; see the NCBI website for details) or they
WILL block access.  In other words, be very careful if using this type
of command in a loop.

Sean