[BioC] Gene symbol converter/translator

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 8 00:41:38 CEST 2008

Hi Anh,

Bioconductor provides many packages to let you do that.  To find out
more about these packages you might want to look here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/bioc/html/AnnotationDbi.html

And here you can find the latest release of these annotations packages:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/data/annotation/

If you are looking to translate human mappings, as in your web page then
you might want to try this package:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/data/annotation/html/org.Hs.eg.db.html

And finally, if you use that specific package you will probably want to
pay attention to the org.Hs.egGENENAME, org.Hs.egSYMBOL, and
org.Hs.egALIAS2EG mappings. to get information about your question.
Other annotation packages will have similar mappings available.

    Marc