[BioC] help with internet connection

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 3 16:35:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

joanne.m.cox at gsk.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I would try to run a normalisation in R via unix although I get
> an error. I understand from the help that I need to use '--internet2' when
> invoking R but it is not recognised. Can you please help? - see code

   could you tell us which man page pointed you to --internet2 (it is a
windows only option, AFAIK, and while you did not say your script looks
like it is on Unix, whence the failure).

   You most likely need to talk with someone local on setting up a proxy;

?download.file

gives some details

   best wishes
     Robert

> below:
>

> Computing affinitiesError in getCDF(cdfpackagename) :
>   The current operation could not access the Bioconductor repository.
> Please check your internet connection, and report further problems to
> bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
> 'server name': /bioinfo/tools/bin/R64-2.7.0 --internet2
> WARNING: unknown option '--internet2'
>

> Jo

> This e-mail was sent by GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited
> (registered in England and Wales No. 1047315), which is a
> member of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies. The
> registered address of GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited
> is 980 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9GS.

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center