[BioC] updateGraph & deprecated edgemode slot

Paul Shannon pshannon at systemsbiology.org
Tue Jul 1 21:03:17 CEST 2008

When I access one of my graph objects, using graph 1.18.1, I am
encouraged to
run 'updateGraph':

  > g.greenblatt
    A graphNEL graph with directed edges
    Number of Nodes = 3672
    Number of Edges = 28634
    Warning messages:
       1: The edgemode slot is deprecated. Use 'updateGraph' to update
this graph object.
       2: The edgemode slot is deprecated. Use 'updateGraph' to update
this graph object.

So I try to do so, assuming (first) that my graphNEL will be modified
in place

   > updateGraph (g.greenblatt)
     A graphNEL graph with directed edges
     Number of Nodes = 3672
     Number of Edges = 28634
     Warning messages:
       1: The edgemode slot is deprecated. Use 'updateGraph' to update
this graph object.
       2: The edgemode slot is deprecated. Use 'updateGraph' to update
this graph object.

But no luck. I still get the warning:

    > g.greenblatt
      A graphNEL graph with directed edges
      Number of Nodes = 3672
      Number of Edges = 28634
      Warning messages:
        1: The edgemode slot is deprecated. Use 'updateGraph' to
update this graph object.
        2: The edgemode slot is deprecated. Use 'updateGraph' to
update this graph object.

Just to be sure, I test the possibility that updateGraph returns an
updated copy.
It seems so, but the warning is still present:

    > g.greenblatt.new = updateGraph (g.greenblatt)
    > g.greenblatt.new
      A graphNEL graph with directed edges
      Number of Nodes = 3672
      Number of Edges = 28634
      Warning messages:
        1: The edgemode slot is deprecated. Use 'updateGraph' to
update this graph object.
        2: The edgemode slot is deprecated. Use 'updateGraph' to
update this graph object.

Any advice?

Thanks -

  - Paul