[BioC] Agilent annotation package 4122a vs 4122f

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 15 17:10:49 CET 2008

Hi Klemens,

Yes, you are fine. The mgug4122a is named from the 1x44k mouse arrays.
All of the non-control probes have the same names and corresponding
sequences between the 4x44k and the 1x44k arrays. This also applies to
hgug4112a on the human side.

The differences between the 4x44k and 1x44k relate to the nature of the
control probes, the position of the probes and, in some cases, the
number of times a probe is replicated on the array. None of this
information is on the annotation package, so you are getting exactly
what you want.

Francois