[BioC] Biomart mysql error...

Jesper Ryge Jesper.Ryge at ki.se
Tue Dec 2 14:44:38 CET 2008

thanx laurent :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: Laurent Gautier <lgautier at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, December 1, 2008 7:16 pm
Subject: Re: [BioC] Biomart mysql error...
To: Jesper.Ryge at ki.se
Cc: "bioconductor mail list bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch"
<bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch>

> The issue is likely on the server end (updates of the database
> structure).
> I think that sql=TRUE will "only" provide a faster data retrieval.
>
> You can keep=FALSE in the meanwhile.

hm, could be. but the problem persisted since friday and its still there... i wanted to update
annotation from the whole affy_rat230 chip so its a rather big query and i assume mysql
handle this better... ill brace myself with patience, but should it take so long to correct if its
an error in their end (ensembl database update or something)? does anybody know if this is
the case and when it will be up and running again?

cheers,
jesper

> Jesper Ryge wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > im running into a biomaRt problem when i use the mysql=T in
> useMart which has worked
> > very well earlier on my computer (MacPro3,1 )???  Here is a short
> illustration:
> >
> >> library(biomaRt)
> >
> >>  mart <- useMart("ensembl"
> ,dataset="rnorvegicus_gene_ensembl",mysql=T)> connected to:
> ensembl
> > Reading database configuration of: rnorvegicus_gene_ensembl
> > Checking attributes and filters ... ok
> > Checking main tables ... ok
> >
> >> test <-

getBM(attributes=c("ensembl_gene_id","external_gene_id","description"),filters="affy_rat230_