[BioC] Agilent MAGE-ML

gabriele bucci gabriele.bucci at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Tue Aug 12 09:53:50 CEST 2008

Dear List,
some external collaborators gave us the results of an expression
profiling over tumor samples.
The experiment is a dye swap, and they are using a rosetta resolver
platform.
The chips used were Agilent two-colors custom arrays and the data which
were provided to us are in the form of ".mage" files.
So I suppose these files are actually a MAGE-ML files.

Except for the package 'RMAGEML' which run only under a Linux R
environment (I'm working under winXP), I was not able to find a
Bioconductor solution to read and process this MAGE-ML files.

My questions are:

1) when talking in general about 'Agilent .txt files'  we`re actually
talking about MAGE files?
2) is there a way to port RMAGEML on R under windows?
3) alternative solutions.

I will appreciate any kind of suggestion and comment, if you have some.

My Best wishes,
Gabriele

PS. I've tried also with Partek and GeneSpring GX (7.3) without success...

--
Gabriele Bucci, PhD

COGENTECH
-Consortium for Genomic Technologies-