[BioC] Is anyone developing an extensible Galaxy-like interface for Bioconductor?

Mark Cowley m.cowley at garvan.org.au
Tue Aug 5 01:20:53 CEST 2008

Hi list,
Another GUI interface worth mentioning is genePattern, from the folks
at the Broad. It already talks to R (thought not the very latest
version, and thus not the latest BioC), and for every command that you
run, it shows you the actual R (or Matlab) code that is being run.
There are a large number of user submitted modules, suggesting that it
is relatively easy to extend GP for your own purposes.
In this respect, it is similar to galaxy in that you need to design a
simple web page to specify the data and parameters, which then gets
passed to your R code.
Unlike galaxy, the data in GP remains more persistent, so after you
import it, and create and expressionSet style of object, then you can
perform different tasks on that data.

cheers,
Mark