[BioC] bovine Annotation package(s)

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 1 01:35:35 CEST 2008

Louisa A Rispoli/AS/EXP/UTIA wrote:
> Hi Nathan-
>
> I would greatly appreciate it if you could send the package. A grad student
> trying to finish her PhD and I are trying to understand annotation so we
> can apply to the gene lists we finally figured out how to do our linear
> model, ebayes and fdr on. We are really frustrated since most
> packages/software only has info for human, mouse, or drosophila and we
> think cows are kind of important. Any help would be appreciated since we
> are new to this and want to be as accurate as feasible. Thanks
>

> Louisa

Hi Louisa, Nathan,

The limitations are because these older style packages are being phased
out, and the software has begun to be changed to expect the newer style
of package.  Annbuilder is only still around as a stop-gap measure until
we have everything covered.  Based on the sudden surge in demand for
supporting bovine annotations, I plan to get support in place for bovine
in place before the next release.

  Marc