[BioC] problem with osx darwin 8.10.0

Andrea Tanzer at at tbi.univie.ac.at
Fri Sep 21 05:46:32 CEST 2007

hi,

I just installed R 2.5.1 via fink and bioconductor 2.0 with bioLite on my
powerbook G4,
System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R218)
Kernel Version: Darwin 8.10.0

but when calling a library I get the following error:

> library("vsn")
Error: package 'vsn' was built for universal-apple-darwin8.9.1

the same happens with all other packages.

I am not sure if the kernel version is realy important,
I got the same message with the previous osX version (kernel 8.9.0)
and todays update to osx 10.4.10 didn't change a thing.

is this a usual error newbies get or is there something else wrong? ;-)

Thanks for your help,
a.