[BioC] Stuck with Yeast Tiling Array

Richard Harrison harryinashed at mac.com
Wed Sep 19 17:30:51 CEST 2007

Dear All,
I am having problems trying to analyze some genomic tiling arrays
that i have done using s.cerevisiae reverse tiling arrays. Can anyone
help on some/all of these issues please?

I am trying to use the tilingArray package and the davidTiling packages

1) I  load my arrays in using the following commands:

cels= dir(pattern=".CEL")
richard  = readCel2eSet(cels)

this renames my arrays to "1" and "2". How can i rename these to
their original names?

 > dim(richard)
Features  Samples
6553600        2
 > sampleNames (richard)
[1] "1" "2"

Second it puts them in one column. How can i make this two
columns....or more (see below)

 > library(davidTiling)
 > data("davidTiling")
sampleNames(davidTiling)
 > sampleNames(davidTiling)
[1] "09_11_04_S96_genDNA_16hrs_45C_noDMSO.cel"
[2] "041119_S96genDNA_re-hybe.cel"
[3] "041120_S96genDNA_re-hybe.cel"
[4] "05_04_27_2xpolyA_NAP3.cel"
[5] "05_04_26_2xpolyA_NAP2.cel"