[BioC] error in matchprobes package

smohapat at vbi.vt.edu smohapat at vbi.vt.edu
Fri Sep 14 12:41:23 CEST 2007

Jim and all,

I have been following the messages online and had a chance to talk with
Yan and look at the error messages yesterday.

I think the problem is caused by a discrepancy between the cdf and
probeseq files that Yan received from his collaborator. As I understand
number of probeset id in probesequence file is more than that in CDF file.
614 probeset ID could not be found in CDF file. Yan, please correct me if
I am wrong.

I am guessing that matchprobes adds NAs for the ids missing in the CDF and
this causes the error during gcrma.

Best,

Saroj