[BioC] GOstat with replicates

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Sep 12 19:27:02 CEST 2007

There are times when it makes sense to have genes duplicated in both
the universe and the set of interest - e.g. if the geneIds come from
BLAST hits of unigenes of an unsequenced species against the genes of
a sequenced species.

I fiddled a bit with GOstat, but was not able to see how to change
the code to allow this.  (I can see where duplication was removed in
the gene set but not in the universe.)
If someone could tell me where to look in the code, I would be happy
to contribute back the modified code allowing duplication.

Associate Professor
University Park, PA 16802-2111