[BioC] RMA normalisation in Affy

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Mon Sep 10 02:24:46 CEST 2007

The commands

eset <- rma(Data)

and

eset <- expresso(Data, bgcorrect.method="rma", normalize.method="quantiles",  pmcorrect.method="pmonly",summary.method="medianpolish")

should (in theory) be giving the same expression values. While the
example you mention does appear in the main affy vignette I am not sure
that it is ever presented as being the way to compute RMA expression
values using the expresso function.

Best,

Ben