[BioC] hgu95a probe co-ordinates in May 2004 assembly

Janet Young jayoung at fhcrc.org
Wed Sep 5 00:17:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to find chromosomal co-ordinates for the hgu95a array
probes in the May 2004 version of the human genome assembly (also
known as hg17, and build 35).

It looks like the co-ordinates in the bioconductor package refer to
the July 2003 (= hg16, build34) assembly (is that right?), and I can
get co-ordinates from the Affy website on the March 2006 (=hg18,
build 36.1) assembly.

I can think of various complicated and imperfect ways to rederive the
co-ordinates for the May 2004 assembly, but it seems to me the
mapping I want is probably out there somewhere already.  Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Janet Young

Dr. Janet Young
Trask lab

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
1100 Fairview Avenue N., C3-168,
P.O. Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109-1024, USA.

tel: (206) 667 1471 fax: (206) 667 6524

http://www.fhcrc.org/labs/trask/