[BioC] Summarization methods for affy genechip expression data

Joern Toedling toedling at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 14:45:17 CET 2007

Hello,

one way to do this, is to create a custom object of class "cdfenv" that
is used during preprocessing and contains the probe to probe-set
mapping. Package affy contains a vignette "dealing_with_cdfenvs" that
provides some insight into this process and example data
"cdfenv.example", which shows you how such an environment is going to
look like. The vignette also tells you how to associate your AffyBatch
raw data to the new, custom cdfenv instead of the standard Affymetrix
one, which is build from their chip description file (.CDF).

Regards,
Joern