[BioC] GOStats/RBGL installation error

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri Oct 26 16:22:17 CEST 2007

Hi,
   It is not clear if R was compiled with the same compiler and set of
options.  I suspect that things will not work so well if not.

   Second, it may be worth seeing whether the boost graph library can be
compiled independently using the sun compilers. That is, taking the R
part out of the loop.

   Unfortunately we also do not have access to that compiler so can be
of little help. The error message suggests that the include path may not
correct.

   Also, while you may not want to do a site wide update of R and bioc,
doing this in your own account takes less than an hour and would address
the issue of whether the problem does go away.

   best wishes
     Robert

Li.Long at isb-sib.ch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1- RBGL_1.12.0.tar.gz form BioC2.0
>> 2- CC: Sun C++ 5.8 Patch 121017-11 2007/05/02
>> This is the first time we use the Sun CC for R installation.
>> The last time we used the g++ compiler without any probleme.
>
> Any particular reason that you choose to switch from g++ to Sun CC?
>
> RBGL certainly uses C++ templates in a great deal. I haven't tried Sun CC
> on RBGL, but C++ templates are known to be tricky for C++ compilers.
>
> I'm not sure if I have Sun C++ around to try it out.
>
> Li

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences