[BioC] Human whole genome Codelink arrays and paired analysis

Matthew Neville matthew.neville at oxlip.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 13:21:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

This is my first post to this forum and I am right at the bottom of
the learning curve when it comes to R but I have a few initial
questions.

Does anyone have experience with analysing Codelink arrays in R,  I
see there is a normalisation program which improves on the Codelink
software but are there any other considerations I need to take into
account ?.

Also,  my dataset is based on biopsies from 12 individuals taken at 3
time points after they start taking a drug so when looking for
differentially expressed genes my most powerful tests would be
paired, i.e. paired ttest or repeated measures ANOVA equivalents.
However, most analyses seem to be unpaired, does anyone have any
advice?.

many thanks in advance

Matt

Matt Neville D.Phil
Oxlip Group
Oxford Centre for Diabetes,Endocrinology and Metabolism
Churchill Hospital
Old Road
Headington
Oxford