[BioC] BeadExplorer error

Johnstone, Alice Alice.Johnstone at esr.cri.nz
Fri Oct 19 00:30:58 CEST 2007

Using traceback give the following:

> traceback()
5: stop("row names supplied are of the wrong length")
4: data.frame(sample = 1:length(sampleNames), row.names = sampleNames)
3: read.phenoData(sampleNames = colnames(signal), widget = FALSE)
2: readBead(datafile, version = "Two")
1: beadAnalysis()

It can be run without the widget by instead using:

>Data<-readBead("Sample_Probe_Profile.csv")

Looking at this I think the "wrong length" error, when using the txt
file is coming from the "skip" argument in the read command as the txt
file from version 2 has no header rows to skip.  The version "One" reads
the csv format.. But trying this I then get an error

> data<-readBead("Sample_Probe_Profile.csv",version="One")
Read Sample_Probe_Profile.csv
Error in read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, quote =
quote,  :
  duplicate 'row.names' are not allowed

Enter a frame number, or 0 to exit

1: readBead("Sample_Probe_Profile.csv", version = "One")
2: read.delim(filenames[1], skip = 7, sep = ",", row.names = 1)
3: read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, quote = quote,
dec = dec, fill = fill, comment.char = comment.cha

But my data comes from a Illumina Inc. BeadStudio version 2.3.41 so this
doesn't seem like the right way to go about it.  Does the row.names=1
refer to the first column?  As there are a few target Ids (the first
column) that have two probes so more than one row..