[BioC] Postdoc position in statistical genetics/genomics, UCSF Epidemiology & Biostatistics

Ru-Fang Yeh rufang at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Oct 10 16:34:39 CEST 2007

Postdoctoral scholar, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics,
University of California San Francisco (UCSF)

We invite applications for a postdoctoral scholar in statistical
genetics/genomics.  A suitable candidate will possess a doctoral degree
in a quantitative field (such as statistics, biostatistics, computer
science, physics, or mathematics), with a demonstrated interest in
genetics/genomics.  Candidates with doctoral degrees in genetics,
molecular
biology, or related fields with substantial computational and
statistical
expertise are also encouraged to apply.

We are interested in a wide variety of statistical and computational
problems arising from genetic and genomic data.  These include causal
inference, biological networks, high dimensional data, genetic
mapping, and
Bayesian methods.

Applications and enquiries should be directed to Phillip Babcock
(babcock at psg-ucsf.org).  Applications should include a cv (curriculum
vitae), and a one-page statement of purpose.

UCSF is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. The University
undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for
underutilized minorities and women, for persons with disabilities,
and for
covered veterans. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply,
including minorities and women.