[BioC] vsn2 bug?

Tobias Straub tstraub at med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed May 30 18:03:36 CEST 2007

Dear all,

with the upgrade to bioc 1.5.0 I am facing vsn2.
as already discussed in an older thread there are calculation
differences. however, in my dataset(s) I get a massive outlier
comparing the array means after normalization with old vsn and vsn2.

scatterplot here: http://server7.pictiger.com/img/198354/other/vsn-
bioc.png

my data are six replicates of dual color tiling microarray (193290
spots), i.e. i pass a 193290 x 12 matrix to vsn.

i guess that's a bug, is it?

Tobias