[BioC] mas5 update.default problem

David Ruau David.Ruau at rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 29 15:16:11 CEST 2007

Hi Seth,
I still have the same error unfortunately.
I don't have the last gcc (gcc-4.0.1) install yet but I don't think
that's the problem...
Do you know another program using this method update()? maybe I can
more information for debugging.

Here is what I did:
I cleaned the entire /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.5/
Resources/library/
then I re-installed R binary, modified my .Rprofile to install from
source.
And in R:
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite()
update.packages(repos=biocReposList())
# it re-install VR; affy; cluster; lattice; mgcv; nlme; rcompgen;
simpleaffy; xtable
everything went fine...
I re-launched R and I have the same error...

 > da.26may <- ReadAffy(celfile.path="./CEL_files/")
 > da.26may.mas5 <- mas5(da.26may, sc=300)
background correction: mas
PM/MM correction : mas
expression values: mas
background correcting...done.
12625 ids to be processed
|                    |
|Error in update.default(pbt) : need an object with call component
In addition: Warning message:
$ operator not defined for this S4 class, returning NULL in: object$call

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.5.0 (2007-04-23)
i386-apple-darwin8.9.1

locale:

attached base packages:
[1] "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "datasets"  "utils"
"tools"     "methods"   "base"

other attached packages:
hgu95av2cdf        affy      affyio     Biobase
    "1.16.0"    "1.14.1"     "1.4.0"    "1.14.0"